Oak Chapel United Ministries (OCUM)
The Oak Chapel United Ministries (OCUM) Consolidation Services has been up and running since our first delivery on October 22nd. It primarily services the 20906 zip code providing 600+ families with food every Thursday. This ministry partnership with Montgomery County is in response to many persons adversely impacted by the pandemic. No questions are asked and there are no requirements in an effort to remove barriers and make sure persons in need have food for their families.
Social Services, Government Assistance, Information and Resources by appointment:
· Assistance applying for SNAP/Food Stamps
· Referrals to social services including clothing, furniture, health insurance, community clinics, mental health, abuse and violence prevention, COVID testing, wait list for rental assistance, emergency rental and utility assistance.
· Immigration information, Employment, and Education including English classes, Bank teller preparation program, Green Construction Certification, Tax Preparation, Foreclosure Prevention.
Servicios Sociales, Ayudas del Gobierno, información y Recursos comunitarios con cita:
· Asistencia aplicando para estampillas de comida o SNAP
· Referidos para ropa, muebles, seguro de salud y clínicas comunitarias, salud mental y prevención de abuso/violencia, exámenes del COVID, lista de espera para ayuda con renta, y ayuda de emergencia con renta y utilidades
· Inmigración, declaración de impuestos, empleo, prevención de desalojo
· Educación: clases de inglés y alfabetización, construcción, cajero de banco
Appointments can be made with the case manager, Alejandra Merchan, by calling (202) 642-5316 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Friday 8AM- 4PM
Monday: Once a month on a Monday we will also be having a Diaper Distribution.
Tuesdays: Non-perishables and produce is packed. Food distributions at neighborhood apartment complexes in the 20906 area.
Wednesdays: Non-perishables and produce is packed. Home deliveries are made on Wednesday afternoons to families that are unable to pick up at the church on Thursdays.
Thursdays: Food bags of non-perishables, produce, and other items as available are distributed. Distribution is non-contact, curbside, drive-up between 11 AM – 1 PM or as long as supplies last.
Fridays: Home deliveries are made on Friday afternoons to families that are unable to pick up at the church on Thursdays.
On Tuesday’s and Wednesdays: volunteers are needed from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Food Packing, Volunteers will be assisting with packing food into bags/boxes
On Thursdays, volunteers are needed from 10 AM – 1 PM
Volunteers will be needed to assist with distribution day. This will involve many tasks: data collection, traffic control, and giving out food bags. Some volunteers may also be needed to deliver food to persons unable to get to the church.
On Fridays, Volunteers are needed from 2-3 PM
Home Deliveries, Deliver food to people in the 20906 zip code are https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D49A4A62AA5FAC43-home
To register to pack bags: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D49A4A62AA5FAC43-pack
To register for drive thru distribution : https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C4BA9AD2CA1F4C70-help1
We are blessed to have three staff servicing the hub:
Isabella Angel, Project Manager
Case Manager: Alejandra Merchan
(202) 642-5316 email@example.com
HOW CAN YOU HELP US ?
Electronic Giving is a convenient, consistent way to help us to continue serving those families in need of food assistance.
We offer convenient electronic giving options that help you make donations on a one-time or recurring basis.
Use this secure link to set up your electronic giving today!
Donate through Amazon Smile today !
Food donations needed:
If your interested in Donating food please call the hub at (301)-501-5804
Drop-offs accepted from Monday to Wednesday 9am – 3pm
- Cooking Oil
- Similac Baby Formula
- Baby Wipes
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Ziploc Bags (quart and gallon sizes)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
If you are in need of assistance please reach out to us. / Si necesita ayuda, comuniquese con nosotros.
- (301)-501-5804: Hablamos Español