Oak Chapel UM Hub has 5 main ways for volunteers to get involved:
1. Packing Bags for Food Distribution on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10am-1pm (at Oak Chapel).
Join us on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to help serve our community by packing dry food and produce bags for our weekly drive-thru distribution and home deliveries. Bending and some lifting may be required. There are two time slots: 10am-11:30am and 11:30am-1pm. Sign up here.
2. Serving During the Drive-Thru Food Distribution every Thursday from 10am-1pm (at Oak Chapel).
Join us on Thursdays to help serve our community by distributing food bags in a curbside, drive-thru fashion! Sign up here.
3. Distributing Diapers on the 2nd Monday of the month from 10:30am -12pm (at Oak Chapel).
Help distribute diapers on the 2nd Monday of every month to families in need in our community. We need volunteers to check ID’s, insurance cards, and to give out the correct diaper size. Sign up here.
4. Serving During a Drive-Thru Food Distribution at Harmony Hills Elementary School on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 11am-12:30pm (at 13407 Lydia St, Silver Spring, MD 20906).
Join us on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month to help serve our community by distributing food bags in a curbside, drive-thru fashion! Sign up here.
5. Helping With Home Food Deliveries on Thursdays or Fridays from 2-3pm.
Join us to help serve our community by delivering pre-packed food bags to shut-in and homebound neighbors in our community. Arrive at Oak Chapel UMC to pick up the food bags and the designated route and deliver the food in your own vehicle in a no-contact format. Sign up here.
Interested in volunteering or have any questions? Email our Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org